IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFO:
There are some things you should know when travelling to Indonesia and Nusa Lembongan.
- VISAS: Always ensure you have at least 6months on your passport before travelling. You will need a visa to enter Indonesia. New Indonesian legislations allows approximately 45 countries to enter the country for free on the new "FREE" Visa on arrival (VOA) scheme. Regulations are subject to change so always check with your airline or travel agent for more information.
- BANKS/ATM's: There are no banks in Nusa Lembongan. There are now several ATM's on the Island that accept Mastercards & VISA cards. During high season these run out of cash frequently so if you have time, we recommend bringing cash with you for your day to day spending and cost of excursions (snorkelling/bike hire etc). Most of the upper market Restaurants & Dive centres will take card. If you do run out of cash there are money changers on the island that will charge you 6-7% commission on using credit card facilities.
- CURRENCY: Indonesian Rupiah known as IDR or Rp
- MEDICAL: There are two medical clinics on the island. Jungutbatu Medical centre has recently undergone a revamp however the centre is still for basic medical needs only and minor emergencies. Any major emergencies will need to be dealt with in bali. For serious medical treatment you will need to be evacuated to Bali via emergency boat charter or helicopter. Always travel with travel insurance that will cover you for any unforeseen circumstances. There is a NEW small Private medical centre in Mushroom Bay.
- VACCINATIONS: Check with your local GP for recommended vaccinations for travelling to Indonesia, and make sure your vaccinations are all up to date.
- INSURANCE: The island is much safer than Bali and the crime rate is low, however we still recommend you lock away valuables in the safes provided in your rooms and always travel with insurance to cover you for any accidents, lost luggage or medical mishaps.
*The content of this website is information only and is of the opinion of the author. Information may be subject to change at any given point. The above content is offered as a suggestion only and Villa Kasih holds no responsibility for guests who do/do not wish to act upon it.